The Seven is one of the nation's premiere short works festivals. It features seven fully produced world premieres, utilizing seven different directors and a professional ensemble cast. The scripts are reads by a jury of theatre professionals (blindly, without any identification of the playwright) and the seven highest scoring scripts will be produced. The overall Jury Award-winner will be awarded the Andaluz Prize, and will receive transportation to/from and lodging at the festival. The Audience Choice Award-winner will be announced on June 10th. Additionally, THE 2nd SEVEN, a public reading of the plays that finished 8th-14th in the jury scoring, will take place on Monday, June 10th.
April 15, 2019: Postmarked submission deadline.
April 24, 11:59 pm, MST: Online submission deadline.
May 15: Winners announced.
June 6-9: Performance dates.
Scripts must be based on the theme: "it’s now or never”. All theatrical genres are acceptable (drama, comedy, musical, monologues, etc.).
- Do NOT use the phrase: "it's now or never" in the script or as a title.
- Scripts may be a maximum of 10 pages, in standard playwriting formats. For digital submissions, only .pdf, .doc and .docx file formats will be accepted.
- The Seven is comprised of world premiere productions. The script must never have been produced before June 6th, 20189in order to be accepted. Scripts that have received public readings only ARE eligible.
- Scripts must be submitted with: 1. A title page with all playwright contact information, 2. A title page with only the title of the play. These should be included as a part of the document file. These pages and any character/title pages do not count against the 10 page script maximum.
- The preferred method of submission is digital, and the process can be accessed below. There is a $5.00 US submission fee to do so.
- If you wish to submit by standard mail, please send script(s) to the address below. There is no submission fee if you choose to use this method. Script pages should be affixed using a single staple or paper clip ONLY. No binders or folders.
- Playwrights can submit a maximum of TWO scripts total.
- There are no age/gender/career, etc. limitations in this submission process. It is open to ALL, and scripts from anywhere in the world will be accepted.
- If you are submitting a musical, make sure to include a music file on either CD or thumb drive. You must submit these scripts via snail mail.
- Make sure to include your email address. Once the submissions have been logged-in, you will receive a confirmation email, which could take up to 72 hours.